There’s nothing like a good night sleep to help us tackle our various duties with the enthusiasm they require. And there’s nothing like a poor night sleep–or many of them in a row–to push us closer to despair. Sleep is essential to give our brains and bodies a chance to recovery, to build our immune systems, to regulate hormones and emotions, to help us to process and store memories, and to allow us to feel…well…human.
One of the most common “side effects” of acupuncture is improved sleep along with an overall feeling of relaxation. Studies have shown that acupuncture can improve sleep quality, decrease the amount of time it takes to fall asleep, and increase nighttime melatonin production as well as total sleep time. At Blume Acupuncture and Wellness, we’d love to help you get the good night sleep you deserve.
Book your appointment or contact us for a free consultation if:
- you’ve been struggling with insomnia and other treatments have been ineffective
- it takes you more than 30 minutes to fall asleep at night
- you require sleep-aids to get some shut-eye
- you suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome
- hot-flashes or the need to use the bathroom are disturbing your sleep
- you wake unrested most mornings and suffer from foggy-headedness throughout the day